5 Reasons Why Reading the Quran Makes Me Happy
Not the ra-ra-I’m-so-excited happy, but a kind of contented happiness. This is why:
1. Knowing that I am communicating with Allah as the Quran are words from Allah Himself.
Verily in this (Qur’an) is a Message for people who would (truly) worship Allah. (Al-‘Anbiya, 106)
2. Sometimes I do not understand exactly what I am reading but somehow it’s okay. Plus, I know I’m not the only one 😉
And indeed We know that they (polytheists and pagans) say: “It is only a human being who teaches him (Muhammad SAW).” The tongue of the man they refer to is foreign, while this (the Quran) is a clear Arabic tongue. (An-Nahl, 103)
3. Feeling reassured that Allah does not leave me without anything to refer to in times of need.
This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah. (Al-Baqarah, 2)
4. Knowing that I can completely trust the Holy Book of Allah as nothing, not a single verse, ever since the Revelations, has been changed, AT ALL.
That this is indeed a qur’an Most Honourable,
In Book well-guarded, (Al-Waqi’ah, 77 & 78)
5. Because Allah has specifically said so.
Whoever does good whether male or female and he is a believer, We will most certainly make him live a happy life, and We will most certainly give them their reward for the best of what they did. (An-Nahl, 97)
And He has promised eternal happiness too 🙂
Then those who have believed and worked righteous deeds, shall be made happy in a Mead of Delight. (Ar-Rum, 15)